We ask our clients to be aware of the following changes in our protocols in order to adhere to the recommendations from the state and federal government, CDC, the Connecticut Veterinary Medical Association as well as the American Veterinary Medical Association.
- Clients who are ill and showing respiratory signs, have potentially been exposed (or been with someone who has been exposed or tested positive to COVID-19), have themselves tested positive for COVID-19 and/or have been out of the country within the past 14 days, we ask for you to kindly reschedule your appointment. If you have an emergency, please make arrangements for someone else to bring your pet in.
- Our waiting and exam rooms are closed to the public.
- We ask clients to practice social distancing while interacting with our staff.
- Please refrain from shaking hands with our doctors and staff.
- Our employees are asked to not report to work if they are exhibiting signs of illness.
- When you arrive at the hospital, please remain in your car and follow the instructions on the sign located in the front of your parking spot. Text into the hospital your name, pet's name, parking spot # and the reason for your visit.
- We have a mobile payment device, able to accept your credit & debit cards! Once checked in, your pets doctor will come out to speak with you and guide you through the appointment process.
- Please bring your cell phone to all visits to the hospital - if you do not have a cell phone, please speak with any of our staff in the parking lot or knock on the door and we will come outside to assist you.
Michael Berard, DVM & Robert McLaughlin DVM
Pets Deserve the Very Best
Since our animal hospital’s establishment in 1974, we have always been open 7 days a week including holidays. We’re extremely proud to be a part of the community and to be trusted veterinarians for so many families. Their commitment to their pets’ wellbeing inspires us to be exceptional and to do everything possible to nurture, heal, and enrich our patients’ lives.
Our Animal Hospital Offers Full-Service Care
Colchester Veterinary Hospital has many advanced medical services to offer, including:
I had to bring my kitty in today, she was not doing well and we decided to let her go to kitty heaven .... the staff was so kind, compassionate and caring to me and my 17 yr old daughter during this difficult time. Thank you for being so amazing
Went in on a Friday night with a sick 8 year old Shepherd, we ended up having to put her down. Staff was unbelievable during the entire time there. Very thoughtful.
Great Doctors and Techs. Very concerned about my babies
We've entrusted the care of our animals to Colchester Vets for nearly 20 years. They are a wonderful, helpful caring group of professionals. We'd never go anywhere else.
- Isabelle S
I can't say enough good things about the wonderful staff and Doctors at Colchester Veterinary Hospital. Special thanks to Dr. McLaughlin, who has been such a wonderful friend to my dogs and me for more years than I can remember.
- Linda Z
Best vet's office I've been to in a long time! And I've been to quite a few! I've seen a number of different doctors at this vet and they are all very helpful! They answer all my questions as best they can!
- Danielle T
I'm thrilled with Dr. Busch's kindess, caring & thoroughness in caring for my pups. If you are fortunate enough to have an upcoming appointment with him, you & your furry friend(s) will be well cared for.
- Heather P
Every staff member greeted us with a warm smile and we were given all information clearly and offered follow up information if needed at anytime.